http://flame-of-neltharion.wowstead.com/

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
http://flame-of-neltharion.wowstead.com/

We dont raid, bosses raid us!

4 posters

Survival Hunter Raiding application

Amberina
    Amberina

Survival Hunter Raiding application Empty Survival Hunter Raiding application

Post  Amberina Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:23 pm

-Name: Yun
    -Education and current activity:Student,Bussiness on LED lights.
    -Sparetime: Guitar ,wow.
    -GF?No gf atm.

In game:

Name:Amberina
    -Talent; mainspec/offspec: Survival(3-7-31)/Beastmaster(31-7-3)
    -./played: +-20days
    -Are you fully gemmed and enchanted?Yes
    -Professions:Enchanting/skinning.

-PvE progression for Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm:Only start playing wow since Cata.(Playing Diablo for 10 years already)
    -PvP xp?: Start gearing up my pvp sets few days ago with Nuked,and Evari is my 2v2 areana partner atm.
    -Ventrilo?:Dont have a mic,but i ll buy one if it s compulsory.
    -Acitvity: Can you attend 4 days a week, sunday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday 18.55 to 23.00? If not, how often can you attend than? Tue,Wed,Fri,Sun.
    -Priority; How high do you priority the raids in WoW over things IRL?:Wow is awesome,but I cannot live in game.
    -What do you do before a raid starts?:Buy necessary flasks and food.

Others:

-Addons:recount, omen, chatter, sexymap etc..
    -Alts:Mage
    -Former guilds and why you left?:Wanted to be in an active guild.
    -What can you bring into the guild socially?:Friendly.
    -Whats your weakness?:Sometimes too friendly.
    -Tell a good joke (lets see what you think is funny):Teacher: Tell me a sentence that starts with "I." Student: I is the ... Teacher: Stop! Never put "is" after "I." Always put 'am' after "I." Student: OK. I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.
    -PC eguipment?: Acer laptop,Nvidia 9600GT,4G ram.
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Survival Hunter Raiding application Empty Re: Survival Hunter Raiding application

Post  Luminosity Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 am

hi =)

youll have to dorp skinning evetually.

your new to raids. do you know which it mean to raid ? no afk. fokus, read tactics. wipes. ect.
    also high dps (youll need around 14k dps on dummy).

3/4 raids sounds ok. keep in mind activity is required for this raid grp.

do you have deadly boss mod addon ? (only thing that really matters)

nice joke.

i miss a screenshot of interface ? or an explanation of keybinds

Amberina
    Amberina

Survival Hunter Raiding application Empty Re: Survival Hunter Raiding application

Post  Amberina Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm

[img]Survival Hunter Raiding application Interf13[/img]
    Yes,I ll drop skinning as soon as I farm enough leathers to max leatherworking, that s my plan;
    I can do 13k dps on dummy;
    And yes I have deadly boss mod addon.
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 pm

tell me a bit bout your rotation/keybinds pls
    kazukaya

Post  kazukaya Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

pretty good dps in heroic's ect worth a try in my opinion tho amberina its not my decision to make =)
    Amberina
    Amberina

Post  Amberina Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm

For single target:
    Start the fight by putting up Hunter’s Mark and applying Serpent Sting,then Explosive Shot,Black Arrow,Cobra Shot(3 times),then Explosive Shot again and so on. Once mobs below 20% health,Kill Shot,Explosive Shot,Kill Shot.Sometimes, but not often, Arcane Shot if I have excess focus that need to dispose of.Lock and Load case,Explosive Shot,Arcane Shot,Explosive Shot.
    For multi-target:
    Multi-shot,Explosive Shot on the target with Hunter’s Mark,and Cobra Shot(twice),then Multi-shot again and so on.
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 am

and keybinds? as i dont see any really.. in screenshot..

why use arcane shot for spare fokus? explosive shot cost the same and has no cd if i remember right ?
    Patty
    Patty

Post  Patty Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah Explosive shot has a CD, you use Arcane shot as a filler incase you are sitting on way to much Focus or if you are moving, but it is very rare you are on to much Focus though =)

And also, Amber you should try and check out MM one day when you get the time, it is pulling massive numbers atm in Raids and will only get better when the gear improves =)
    Amberina
    Amberina

Post  Amberina Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:55 am

Survival Hunter Raiding application Interf14
    Ya,Patty s right,Explosive shot costs 50 focus and has 6 seconds cool down,Arcane shot costs 25 focus and it s instant cast.
    But Patty,isn't survival better than MM with pre-raid gear? MM is good on single target,so better than survival in PVP in my opinion.
    Patty
    Patty

Post  Patty Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 am

Well you can look at it this way.. You are applying to the Raid group, Raiding is about getting the bosses down, which is gonna be single target.

MM is the better spec both Pvp and Pve atm for different reasons.. MM lets you move alot more than Survival without gimping your DPS alot, and also it is flat more dmg single target like you stated yourself, the reason Survival is better for aoe, is Serpent spread among a few talents, but with the 250% dmg increase to multishot MM is gonna be just as good with Bombardment =)

MM requires some getting used to, but once you are ''BiS'' pre raid, MM should come out stronger than Survival. Survival was heavily nerfed after being extremly string at the beginning of Cata =)
    Amberina
    Amberina

Post  Amberina Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Thank you for explaining,really appreciate it.
    Patty
    Patty

Post  Patty Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 pm

No worries mate, Anything I can do to help =) I can point you to a few guides if you need aswell..
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:28 pm

accepted. both survival and mm is strong tho. try talk with lyrio or barachus bout spec.
    Patty
    Patty

Post  Patty Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Q) Which spec does the most dps?
    A) As of 4.0.6 MM is expected to be significantly ahead and SV and BM fairly close together but behind MM, although at lower gear levels SV may be competitive. Additionally, if your raid is missing a critical buff that you can only provide in another spec (such as 10% AP, Heroism/Bloodlust, % Stats or Stamina), it may be worth running as that spec if the raid benefit outweighs your personal dps loss.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110306-hunter_faq_cataclysm_edition_read_before_asking_questions/

MM is stronger single target, as a fresh dinged 85 you are gonna be fine with Survival, but MM is gonna beat it by a bit once you are raid ready =)
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:55 pm

elite jerks sux half the time =P we got a survival hunter doing like 24-27k dps =P Lyrio is survival and barochus MM
    Amberina
    Amberina

Post  Amberina Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 am

Thank both of you. Ive Leart MM,tried to get used to it, but it messed up,feel like playing another class,cause i never played a MM hunter before,stragle on the shot rotation.Maybe I should stick on Survival for now,I will creat a MM hunter alt in future to learn from the begginning.Smile
    Patty
    Patty

Post  Patty Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 am

Luminosity wrote:elite jerks sux half the time =P we got a survival hunter doing like 24-27k dps =P Lyrio is survival and barochus MM

The only peoblem with EJ is everything is calculated in the ideal situation.. Else there would be to many factors to play in and it would be impossible to calculate, but it is THE thinktank of World of Warcraft =)

The difference between a good player and a bad player is, the good play take what he see on EJ/whatever site/guide they use, and then adabt the info to his own situation/raid..

Not saying Survival is bad, MM will just shine when played correctly compared to the other 2 specs.. mainly becouse of the way the spells and abilitys scale with stats =)
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 am

they arnt THE thinktank.

they said haste was best for shamans in TBC and start of wotlk.

I went for ap and arp. as enh. and i outdpsed everyone and everything =) also haste shamans.

they do have misscalculations =) imo theres only 1 way to do it. try different stuff. and see on dmg meter what gives most.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:11 am