http://flame-of-neltharion.wowstead.com/

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
http://flame-of-neltharion.wowstead.com/

We dont raid, bosses raid us!

4 posters

Untamo - Resto shaman

Untamo

Untamo - Resto shaman Empty Untamo - Resto shaman

Post  Untamo Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 am

IRL:

-Name: Tero
    -Education and current activity: High school
    -Sparetime: Wow and social life on weekends.
    -GF? If yes, does she accept WoW?: Dont have one.

In game:

Name: Untamo
    -Talent; mainspec/offspec: Mainspec, pve resto, offspec pvp resto
    -./played: Only 26 days with shaman. Over 200 total.
    -Are you fully gemmed and enchanted? Yes I am
    -Professions: JC+Enchanting, both below 200 because of the lack of materials in AH.
    -Screenshot of your interface: imageshack.us/f/847/wowscrnshot051511233603.jpg/

-PvE progression for Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm: Vanilla: MC BWL and AQ20. TBC: up till SSC. WotLK: Most of ulduar 25 man hard modes. Then I took a break from wow before ICC came out.
    -PvP xp?: Casual
    -Ventrilo?: Got vent and can speak english.
    -Acitvity: Can you attend 4 days a week, sunday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday 18.55 to 23.00? If not, how often can you attend than? Yes I can attend these times usually.
    -Priority; How high do you priority the raids in WoW over things IRL?: I clear my schedule for raids.
    -What do you do before a raid starts?: Get the consumables needed for raid and go get myself lots of coffee.

Others:

-Addons: Bartender, Xperl, DBM, recount etc the usualy stuff.
    -Former guilds and why you left?: None on shaman.
    -What can you bring into the guild socially?: My (bit twisted) sense of humour.
    -Whats your weakness?: Cigarettes.
    -Alts: None that I play.
    -Tell a good joke (lets see what you think is funny): Obama and Osama were playing chess, who won? -Osama, because Obama was missing 2 towers.
    -PC eguipment?: 60 fps most of the time.
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Untamo - Resto shaman Empty Re: Untamo - Resto shaman

Post  Luminosity Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

please log out in pure pve gear
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Mon May 16, 2011 10:54 am

Sorry about that. Will log out in pve gear.

The pvp gloves are to be changed in the following wednesday with valor gloves if youre wondering, just missing 200 valor and cant get it yet cos im capped for the week.

-Untamo
    annastrianna
    Admin

Post  annastrianna Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Shoulder enchant?
    Also I noticed that you have all correct enchants and gems. I hope this wasn't cos Renovo told you too. Also a link to your UI would be good as you can sometimes tell a decent player by his UI
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Mon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Yeah well shoulder chant is in the part of farming reputation.

And I do know how to read elitist jerks to find out correct gems, I didnt get any advice from Renovo about that.
    I'm very performance based player so I assume you that you can expect me to read the latest theorycrafts about my class and usually others too.

-Untamo
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

And sorry about the double post. I suck at making links in forums but copypaste the imageshack to your browser and you should get a screenshot of my ui.
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

theres a sticky post on forum with a guide on how to post pictures on forum =)
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Mon May 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Did it according to the sticky post but all it did was leave the whole thing blank, no image no url. Got any idea why that happened? :>
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Mon May 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Use photobucket instead of imageshack =) or try post the link to imageshack with 2-3 psaces in it xD
    Saker

Post  Saker Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 am

At Annas' request I'll put my tuppence in. I'm a bit concerned about your lack of experience and your level of gear for our progress (although I know you can get a reasonable lot from 5mans). I know some things can be read-up on, but the reality of raid healing is a bit different, elitist jerks aren't the be-all and end-all of theory, they're a start.

Can you tell me a bit about your rotations, and how you cope mana-wise?
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 am

we all started with 0 gear and 0 xp tho =)
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Tue May 17, 2011 4:32 am

Well, like said everyone has to start somewhere but about my rotations. I have few things I try to do. One is that I always keep ES on the tank and the other one is that I try to keep 3x riptide on always because of its mana efficiency. I prefer healing wave over greater one because it saves a lot of mana. When expecting heavy damage I use unleash elements+greater healing wave. Its really hard to say any real rotations because it really depends a lot more about the fight and the skill of the dps on avoiding damage. But mostly it is ES+riptide on tank and 2 others so if the group takes a lot of aoe dmg a couple of well placed chain heals do wonders. But if you ask for a rotation I have no clear answer, it always depends on the situation. I just go with those pointers to have riptide on always and healing waves over greater ones if possible because of the mana efficiency they have. I dont really have any mana problems on 5 mans so far unless the dps is dumb as a boot and takes tons of avoidable dmg.

If you guys got anything more to ask just throw a whisper ingame or ask here, id be happy to answer.

Best regards
    -Untamo
    Saker

Post  Saker Tue May 17, 2011 11:57 am

Not for hard/heroic modes we didn't Lumi!

Just out of interest, what raid frames do you use for healing?
    Untamo

Post  Untamo Tue May 17, 2011 12:12 pm

At the moment im just using the Xperl frames but i've been looking at different frames for raid healing. Its kind of hard to get a decent one without actually trying it in raids but i've been looking at healbot which seems to be a decent one for raid healing. If you guys have any suggestions about possible addons I would hear them gladly. Smile
    Luminosity
    Luminosity
    Admin

Post  Luminosity Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

well the right player can allways get gear tho.. anyways.. theres a rotation in form of tidal waves m8.. its a nice buff you get from X spell so Y spell gets better.

Anyways I like that this guy respond, rather than being a quitter. I hate quitters.

In the light of this we also got a new website, so to finish off this old forum I am accepting you for trial, both because you dont quit ! and becase I think you deserve a chance, and also because we gotta close this forum here down on maintance.

I hope you can do some nice healing, you will get a chance to prove it =) dont let me down! /w an officer in game for invite. =) welcome
    Tianta
    Tianta

Post  Tianta Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 am

And then please register on our new forum Smile

flame-of-neltharion.wowstead.com

(Username = doenst has to be ingame name, as it is registration to wowstead which is worldwide, you will then after be able to connect your wowstead acc over armory to your character, and will be shown on forum with your ingame name + avater)
    Saker

Post  Saker Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 am

Healing rotation sounds about right for the gear, unit frames I'd recommend grid or VuhDo, but we can talk more shamantics in game Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:14 am